Future of Work – Hybrid model – 5 times increase in remote jobs
This year the employee’s job switching intent doubled.This year 41% of employees plan to leave their current job – Based on Microsofts 2021 Work Trend Index. The reason for job-change is the availability of remote jobs. Companies are now hiring from anywhere for anywhere
- 73% of workers surveyed want flexible remote work options to continue.
- Remote job postings on LinkedIn increased more than five times during the pandemic.
- Over 40% of the global workforce is considering leaving their employer this year and 46% are planning to move now that they can work remotely.
Summary of Work Index below
- Flexible work is here to stay.
- Leaders are out of touch with employees and need a wake-up call.
- High productivity is masking an exhausted workforce.
- Gen Z is at risk and will need to be re-energized.
- Shrinking networks are endangering innovation.
- Authenticity will spur productivity and well-being.
- Talent is everywhere in a hybrid work world.
The full findings can be viewed at Microsoft’s Worklab, a digital publication about the future of work.
WorkLab is a Microsoft digital publication devoted to illuminating the future of work, grounded in research and the lessons of the COVID-19 pandemic. By bringing together science-based insight and thoughtful, compelling stories on how work is changing, WorkLab’s mission is to start larger conversations about the future of work and help customers in the process.